Sunday, May 15, 2005

Totally unstructured post

Finally set up the office yesterday (hence why I haven't been updating lately). The flat is looking beautiful, we are almost done execpt for painting and re-tiling the bathroom, plastering and painting the entrance. Besides that, its all the fun details like putting picture frames and stuff on our walls!

Some advantages of not having a roommate anymore
- Walking around naked when I want to without the fear of a roommate being there.
- Not having to ask if he needs the bathroom before taking a shower.
- Not having to be friendly in the morning when I don't want to.
-Not having to clean-up after myself and Phil and not the three of us.
-Having sex and not being oblidged to keep it down
-Having sex and not being interrupted by him asking "I'm going to the dep, do you need anything?"

On the school front, last semester's finals were disastrous. Two of my grades were great and the two others were border-line failures. These marks are the worst I've gotten so far and I told myself I need to shape-up big time and get my priorities on check. Started my summer class almost two weeks ago and I hope this one will be a GPA booster and not a killer.

-A guy at the gym is Phil's ex's brother. We speak now and again, everytime we see eachother and he admitted to me that his sister misses Phil's parents a lot. I don't blame her... I met Phil's parents last year around this time right before I left for two months... Of course I would not have subjected myself to the shyness and awkwardness of meeting the parents if I knew Phil and I would not make it through the two month break. So when I came back, I felt like the getting to know them process was slow and that we were not warm with eachother yet... Then when they offered for us to move to their upper duplex, I thought to myself "they must like me then, and must have faith in Phil and I". So here we are over a year ago... A few days ago Phil's mom comes over with a sweatshirt she bought for me at a garage sale. The day after, she gives me socks that she thought I might like for the gym. Phil's dad calls my cell phone late at night to tell me I need to move my car to the other side of the street if I don't want to get a ticket. These little things show how thoughtful and caring his folks are. I too, would miss them enormously.