Tuesday, May 31, 2005

In which I don't necessarily have a point, nor a punch line...

I bonded with my manager today. I thought this was worth mentioning, not because I have absolutely nothing else to blog about, but because this is the first time this happens. It's only her 2nd month in this position and I am fairly new to the gym but we still never really had the occasion to talk about our personal lives. Perhaps its our first conversation of this sort because I cannot handle taking orders, and I am quite resilient to change especially at a higher level of the organization. I am an order-giver not taker and I have a natural desire to lead and not be lead therefore often have difficulties with management, more precisely when they are in my age group. That being said, although I don't see her and I skipping down the street together holding hands and sharing secrets, it was pleasant for us to have a non-work related discussion.