Thursday, January 06, 2005

Updates, updates, and so more

To retort to my previous blog... I was extremely negative and pessimistic and all those feelings have vanished! Nothing that some chit chat with girlfriends and some make-up sex can't fix!!! Good news is, Phil's doc nor my doc has called therefore things look a little bit brighter! I still am dreading my second colopscopy on the 24th... Until then, senseless to worry.
-School started on Tuesday evenening and I was glad to see some familiar faces. Although my classes seem a little dryer this semester (Operations Management, Analysis of markets, Organizational Behavior, and Management Information Systems) my schedule is sweet! I only have three days of classes since one class is online. I predict I will be very pleased with myself for taking only four classes this time around.
-After spending last weekend stranded up in Ste Marguerite de lesterel, we finally made arrangements for the maintenance guy to sand the road so my poor little car can drive up... My worst nightmare was to pick up my mom at the airport minus her car and to have to wait possibly til spring for the ice to melt. Ends up Phil was able to drive it up the hill on the first try. What an experience: I'll always remember the first weekend of 2005: getting stranded without any food for a whole day til Joe and Jack come rescue us at three in the moring with left over party food... And then spending the next day in the cold trying to break the ice in order to ride up the three deadly icy hills.
-My mom is coming back tomorrow and her car is filthy... And the house is absolutely disastrous... At first, I thought I would help my sister out my cleaning a little, but seeing as she hasn't done one plate of dishes and hasn't cleaned out the fridge nor emptied the garbage... I said fuck it! I have enough with cleaning one place... I'm not taking one step back and cleaning after my sister and her friend. No no... Enough is enough... Phil and I spent three hours here in the entire two weeks and we cleaned up after ourselves... So tough!
-I came back to my moms to do laundry for what seems to be an accumulation of a year's worth... I'm on my third load and there's still tons at home. I also came to print some school stuff out... The twenty year old antique printer needs me to manually feed it one paper by one... And still it insist on jamming! I am hissing at it as I type. Maybe I should name it... How's Cruella?
-Although I am ultra satisfied with all my Xmas goods, I still feel ripped off. Since I had to cancel on my aunts' annual New Years bash because of being stuck up north and since I was with my dad on xmas day, I did not collect gifts from that side of the family. Am I being spoiled?
-After much waiting, I received all my grades... To wrap up: 3 Bs, one C, and one B-. That is by far, the absolute worst semester yet and I fully intend on bringing up my soaring GPA. Some say, it's all about expectations...
-Gotta go... Cruella needs my undivided attention