Monday, January 17, 2005

Future checklist

I got to dreaming this evening... One thing on my long term checklist (that is before I die or before I get too senile to remember my name) is to learn how to play an instrument. More specifically the piano. When I was about seven or eight, my parents bought me a small battery operated piano. I loved it and it is probably one of the only toys I kept til... Perhaps even to this day! I recollect being in my basement in Quebec city, my father playing the guitar and my sister playing (one string) of another guitar. My dad would make me feel ultra special by making me play a couple of notes. My dad would sing and even though he would have sounded entirely better without us, it was fun. I find myself regretting that I didn't learn the real piano as a child. I suppose it's never to late... Today, I listened to Angel by Fiona Apple (her version of Jimi Hendrix') and Never is a Promise... Wow...
So I am writhing this down to make myself a mental and online note that as soon as my finances allow... I should start up piano lessons. The only downfall is that anybody who has ever been in close proximity of my singing has noticed it is nothing but offensive.
So make that piano + signing lessons please!