Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A tiny bit of guilt

Being the good girlfriend that I am, I decided to wash the dishes at Phil's place. Although they are mostly Phil and I's dishes, I thought I was being nice and that it would be good for Phil to come home to a clean kitchen... being the clutz that I am, I broke a wine glass... oops! The worst part is that they are not even ours: they're Marty's (Phil's friend and neighboor). Even though we have been using them for months and Marty has not asked for them back... I felt enormously guilty... so I weighed my options and I decided to run to the nearest store, in the poaring rain, with one of the wine glasses to try to find a matching one... since I only have two hours before Phil gets home and I don't have the car to get around, I was basically screwed. That one store didnt have a matching glass so I decided to buy four. I am assuming I'll have to fess-up to Marty, unless maybe he won't even notice the change in glasses! So Marty has four new wine glasses and we are stuck with 3... I have to buy a fourth... So now I am on Joe's laptop, sitting in the dark, drowning in my sea of guilt, 50 bucks poorer... not looking forward to the confession I can't avoid... oh boy...